On Tuesday 15 March, during the Edhec Risk Days that took place at the Brewery in London, the first TrackInsight award ceremony rewarded the four most efficient blockbuster ETFs in major exposures widely used by institutional investors:
- European Large Cap Equities
- North America Large Cap Equities
- Emerging Market Equities
- Investment Grade corporate bonds
For each category, a detailed analysis of average daily volumes and assets under management allowed to determine funds qualified as blockbusters. Amongst those blockbusters, funds eligible to the TrackInsight A-list (see TrackInsight European ETF rating methodology) exhibiting the best tracking difference over three years made it to the final winners list.
The winners of this first edition of the TrackInsight awards are:
- Lyxor for the 2016 Best European Large Cap Equities ETF with its LYXOR UCITS ETF EURO STOXX 50 – D – EUR
- Vanguard for the 2016 Best North America Large Cap Equities ETF with its VANGUARD S&P 500 UCITS ETF – USD
- Amundi for the 2016 Best Emerging Market Equities ETF with its AMUNDI ETF MSCI EMERGING MARKETS UCITS ETF – EUR
- SPDR for the 2016 Best Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF with its SPDR Barclays Sterling Corporate Bond UCITS ETF – GBP
Fund historical performances can be reviewed and compared on www.trackinsight.com
Each winning firm was awarded a unique and signed art piece from famous glass blower Antoine Pierini, based in Biot on the French Riviera (www.antoinepierini.com).