- The promoters of ETFs enjoyed net inflows (+€6.6 bn) for September. This was a significant increase compared to the net inflows of €3.1 bn for August but still below the rolling 12-month average of €6.7 bn.
- The overall net inflows into ETFs in Europe stood at €67.8 bn for the year 2017 so far.
- The assets under management in the European ETF industry (€598.7 bn) increased for September, up from €581.1 bn at the end of August.
- Equity ETFs (+€5.9 bn) posted the highest net inflows of the European ETF industry for September.
- The best selling Lipper global classification for September was Equity Eurozone (+€1.3 bn), followed by Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€1.0 bn) and Equity Sector Financials (+€0.9 bn).
- iShares was the best selling ETF promoter in Europe for September (+€3.7 bn), far ahead of Amundi ETF (+€1.1 bn) and Lyxor ETF (+€1.1 bn).
- The ten best selling funds gathered total net inflows of €2.7 bn for September.
- The best selling ETF for September, iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €0.5 bn or 7.43% of the overall net inflows.
Below is the total performance and cumulated flow for European and North American-domiciled Global equity funds (Year-to-date):