- The promoters of ETFs enjoyed net inflows (+€3.1 bn) for August. These were the lowest monthly net inflows into ETFs in Europe since November 2016 (+€3.0 bn).
- The overall net inflows into ETFs in Europe stood at €61.3 bn for the year 2017 so far.
- The assets under management in the European ETF industry (€582.6 bn) increased for August, up from €581.1 bn at the end of July.
- Bond ETFs (+€2.1 bn) posted the highest net inflows of the European ETF industry for August.
- The best selling Lipper global classification for August Equity US (+€0.5 bn), followed closely by Equity Sector Financials (+€0.4 bn) and Equity Europe (+€0.4 bn).
- iShares was the best selling ETF promoter in Europe for August (+€1.8 bn), far ahead of SPDR (+€0.4 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€0.3 bn).
- The ten best selling funds gathered total net inflows of €2.4 bn for August.
- The best selling ETF for August, iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD (Acc), accounted for net inflows of €0.4 bn or 12.74% of the overall net inflows.
Below is the total performance and cumulated flow for European and North American-domiciled Global Bonds (Year-to-date):